Still waiting on my ring and believe me, I've gotten speeches from practically everyone about it. Don't give the speech to me, give it to him, for crying out loud. :D
Eh, i can't think of too much to update. My bestie moved to New Jersey last week, so i'll miss her, but we didn't hang out all that much anyway in general, so it won't be toooo bad.
I'm making a pin the organs on the zombie thing for Halloween at the library. It's for kids from k-6 so i'm trying to not make it too gross. Also, Halloween related, I'm going as Rosie the Riveter finally, and that night I'm going to my second NIN concert. Oh Trent, how i love you. :D
Let's see, my oldest sister finally dumped her crappy husband. We've been waiting for that for years, and never thought it would happen. Yay!
I guess that's all I've got for now.
I got a ticket to go see Nine Inch Nails again on Halloween. I can't wait. I thought they were done touring, but I'm very excited that they're back. At any rate, one of my coworkers left our library to go be a department head at another library, so i'm getting prepared to apply for her job. It's more money, it uses stuff that I learned in library school and I get to sit down a bit more. It also doesn't hurt that it would keep me away from our new employee Merv who doesn't remember shit and screws up all the time. He irritates the crap out of me. He used to work at a presidential library and apparently has 2 masters degrees, but his book smarts do not translate to social smarts or common sense. I have yet to see him write down one thing that we have told him. What a waste of space. Grrrrr.
Anyway, Tommy and I are having a lazy day today and I think I might go to a movie later. I saw the Grandmaster last night and loved it, as usual. It's a Wong Kar Wai movie, how could i not? There were a bunch of dicks in the theater though so i moved from the back of the theater to the front so i wouldn't have to listen to their bullshit anymore. The day before, I had seen City of Bones, which i knew wouldn't be all that great and i was correct. When your main romantic lead is supposed to be absolutely gorgeous and they cast an extremely doggish dude, that doesn't bode well for your film. Anyway, I'm thinking of seeing Blue Jasmine over at the Rave and then maybe going over to Asian Too. We'll see. 3 more weeks until Paul is back.
- Current Music:True Blood soundtrack
By the way, I won't be getting a 4.0 because of one of my professors being a hell-beast and loving to take off little points for technicalities. So I was quite "unkind" to her in my class assessment. Cataloging sucks.
Also, Tommy is crazy and has been meowing on and off almost constantly all week. Something's wrong with him. Goes into the litter box and comes out 15 seconds later. Sigh.
Think i'll pass out soon. I'm sleepy.
- Current Music:Madness-Muse
- 1: Do you sleep with your closet doors open or closed? don't care either way
- 2: Do you take the shampoos and conditioner bottles from hotel? yes, and it irritates my boyfriend. Tough nuggets.
- 3: Do you sleep with your sheets tucked in or out? if they become untucked, oh well. Originally, they are tucked in.
- 4: Have you ever stolen a street sign before? No.
- 5: Do you like to use post-it notes? Yes. They clean computer keyboards pretty well.
- 6: Do you cut out coupons but then never use them? Sometimes.
- 7: Would you rather be attacked by a big bear or a swarm of a bees? Good lord, that's so stupid. Bees probably.
- 8: Do you have freckles? I might have a few.
- 9: Do you always smile for pictures? Nope.
- 10: What is your biggest pet peeve? Jerks.
- 11: Do you ever count your steps when you walk? No.
- 12: Have you ever peed in the woods? Yes.
- 13: What about pooped in the woods? Not that I'm aware of.
- 14: Do you ever dance even if theres no music playing? Sometimes.
- 15: Do you chew your pens and pencils? No.
- 16: How many people have you slept with this week? Nobody this week. Last week, however...just Paul, like it should be.
- 17: What size is your bed? Full
- 18: What is your Song of the week? Whatever song gets stuck in my head.
- 19: Is it okay for guys to wear pink? Yes, it's a free country
- 20: Do you still watch cartoons? Yup
- 21: Whats your least favorite movie? One Missed Call
- 22: Where would you bury hidden treasure if you had some? Why would I reveal that? It's supposed to be hidden.
- 23: If you're a girl, bra size? If you're a guy, pants size? Again, nobody's business.
- 24: What do you dip a chicken nugget in? I used to dip them in honey
- 25: What is your favorite food? dunno, chocolate cake?
- 26: What movies could you watch over and over and still love? My favorite movies
- 27: Last person you kissed/kissed you? My friend Linda
- 28: Were you ever a boy/girl scout? yes
- 29: Would you ever strip or pose nude in a magazine? no
- 30: When was the last time you wrote a letter to someone on paper? probably in basic training
- 31: Can you change the oil on a car? nope
- 32: Ever gotten a speeding ticket? yup
- 33: Ever ran out of gas? fortunately no. i'm too paranoid
- 34: Favorite kind of sandwich? turkey and swiss i suppose
- 35: Best thing to eat for breakfast? bagles or waffles
- 36: What is your usual bedtime? late
- 37: Are you lazy? no
- 38: When you were a kid, what did you dress up as for Halloween? whatever i wanted.
- 39: What is your Chinese astrological sign? pig, i think
- 40: Are you horny? nope. and that is a gross word, by the way.
- 41: Do you have any magazine subscriptions? yes
- 42: Which are better legos or lincoln logs? legos
- 43: Are you stubborn? yup
- 44: Who is better...Leno or Letterman? both suck. Leno's the worst. Conan and Craig are the best
- 45: Ever watch soap operas? not anymore
- 46: Are you afraid of heights? yup
- 47: Do you sing in the car? yes
- 48: Do you sing in the shower? sometimes
- 49: Do you dance in the car? what kind of stupid question is that
- 50: Ever used a gun? yes
- 51: Last time you got a portrait taken by a photographer? an official photographer and not just someone with a camera or someone making badges? basic training
- 52: Do you think musicals are cheesy? nope
- 53: Is Christmas stressful? no
- 54: Ever eat a pierogi? nope
- 55: Favorite type of fruit pie? cherry i suppose
- 56: Occupations you wanted to be when you were a kid? doctor, and who knows what else
- 57: Do you believe in ghosts? yup
- 58: Ever have a Deja-vu feeling? yes
- 59: Take a vitamin daily? no
- 60: Wear slippers? sometimes
- 61: Wear a bath robe? sometimes
- 62: What do you wear to bed? clothes
- 63: First concert? Free memorial day weekend concert at the Lincoln memorial with Nancy Sinatra, and Paul Revere and the raiders. first paid-for concert was jason mraz. first paid for concert with my own money was nine inch nails
- 64: Wal-Mart, Target or Kmart? walmart
- 65: Nike or Adidas? don't care. i wear pumas
- 66: Cheetos Or Fritos? both
- 67: Peanuts or Sunflower seeds? peanuts. prefer cashews
- 68: Ever hear of the group Tres Bien? nope
- 69: Ever take dance lessons? yes
- 70: Is there a profession you picture your future spouse doing? he's doing it
- 71: Can you curl your tongue? yes
- 72: Ever won a spelling bee? no i screwed up on kangaroo
- 73: Have you ever cried because you were so happy? yup
- 74: Own any record albums? many
- 75: Own a record player? yes
- 76: Regularly burn incense? if it was out of storage i would
- 77: Ever been in love? yes
- 78: Who would you like to see in concert? tori amos, leonard cohen, rolling stones, david bowie
- 79: What was the last concert you saw? modest mouse...*yawn*
- 80: Hot tea or cold tea? both
- 81: Tea or coffee?tea
- 82: Sugar or snickerdoodles? sugar
- 83: Can you swim well? well enough
- 84: Can you hold your breath without holding your nose? yes
- 85: Are you patient? i spose
- 86: DJ or band, at a wedding? dunno
- 87: Ever won a contest? not really
- 88: Ever have plastic surgery? no
- 89: Which are better black or green olives? gross
- 90: Can you knit or crochet? yes
- 91: Best room for a fireplace? any cold room
- 92: Do you want to get married? perhaps
- 93: If married, how long have you been married?
- 94: Who was your HS crush? luke godson, john brown, and a couple other people
- 95: Do you cry and throw a fit until you get your own way? no i'm an adult
- 96: Do you have kids? no
- 97: Do you want kids? no comment
- 98: Whats your favorite color? green
- 99: Do you miss anyone right now? always
I finally got the job I wanted. It took over 3 months and the original hiree quitting after less than a month, but I got it. I'm sooo excited. I have my foot in the door for other library jobs later on, I can start to pay off my student loans and I can make steps towards moving out of my parents' house. Whew! I is happy. Now I just need to focus up on keeping my 4.0 for the time being and graduation comes around in December. Cannot wait. I just need to get back in the swing of keeping normal sleep hours like most people. It's only 25 hours a week but I'll probably be better off getting a better sleep schedule.
- Current Mood: ecstatic
So, it's the last week of the semester and I have a paper due on Friday night. Ack. I just realized it was due a few days ago and I've barely started. I also have website homework due tomorrow before class and I've only gotten about half of the stuff I need to do done. It's been odd lately. My friend Logan, aka sleepyhead7438, died in a car accident recently and her memorial is coming up on Saturday. It's all very weird.
A few days later, I got a call for a job interview. I was nerve-wracked but they kept me there for an hour and only ended up interviewing 7 people for 2 jobs, so I'm hoping they really liked me. I want out of this house. I also want to start paying taxes again (yes, I know. Weird.) and getting some of my student loans paid down. Most of all, I want to be working and not just once a week for free.
I took Paul to go see Nanny and all my mom's brothers this weekend and they all loved him. He and Uncle Dave talked about nerd stuff, Uncle Chris talked about music with him and Uncle Tim took pictures of us cuddling on the couch. Nanny yet again told me I should marry him. Well, one of us has to ask first. :D Anyway, I need to finish reading up on some articles so I can work on this paper. Le sigh.
It does kind of irritate me though about that, because it seems like I have to apologize to him at least once a month and I have to twist his arm to get an apology from him when he does or says something mean. That's probably one of his few flaws though. He's a bit too proud and extremely stubborn. But so am I. He'll be graduating with his MS in Computer Science this semester though. I'm not done until December.
I really need to get on finding a parttime job at the very least or even an internship. I've volunteered at my library for about a year and a half now and I know they value me very much. I had a job interview with them sometime last year, but I didn't get it. I wish I knew what I could fix. To be perfectly fair, I am very shy and it was my first job interview.
I'm coming up on my 10 year reunion and I'm somewhat looking forward to it. I wanna see how badly people I dislike have aged. Mwah haha! Seriously though, I just want to see the people I genuinely like. I don't give a flying frack about the assholes who aren't worth my time. Like the so-called "popular girl" who was dressed up for prom and passed out drunk beforehand. Made me laugh due to the sheer schadenfreude. She's now masquerading as the soccer mom who has to schedule the reunion around her kids' school. What a tool.
Also, Paul and I will be heading up to Georgia in May to go hiking for a couple days and then we'll spend another couple of days in Atlanta, yay. World of Coca Cola and Margaret Mitchell House, here I come! Of course, this means I'll have to make him watch Gone with the Wind finally. I don't know how he can live in the south and not have seen it. I grew up on that crap and can still quote a whole bunch of it.
Anyway, I guess that's all I have to say for now. I'll probably post again before the year is up. Ya never know. School busy busy busy. And I'm also addicted to Facebook games, grr.
- Current Mood: bored
so Laura and I went to the OFF with my bf this weekend and saw Charlie Casanova. Emmet Scanlan was awesome as a sociopath. Then saw most of Virgin Alexander. It was pretty amusing and there wasn't a lot of bad acting, which was wonderful. ;D Curious as to how the movie ended though. We had fun so it doesn't really matter. The horror shorts for the most part were all right, except the one that creeped me out. Zeik's Bad Day was adorable.
Next day, the bf and I watched a bunch of shorts after a breakfast at a cute lil vegetarian place and a bubble tea. I was surprised because there were shorts with Paul Sorvino and Fanny Ardant. That was just swell. :)
My calf is smarting a bit now and I got schoolwork done so after the Good Wife, I think I'll take a nice hot bath.